Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wishin' and a-Hopin'.

 I was looking out across my backyard earlier, remember what it used to look like under these two feet of iced-over snow. Halfway through the yard is the flower garden I ripped out in September with hopes of building a goldfish pond. Fifty feet behind and to the right of that is the little "shrub" island that had been so overgrown, it took a chainsaw to bring it all down. Years ago, flowering shrubs and bushes grew here, which seems so hard to believe. I'm hoping some of it will grow back in May or June. Then there's the big garden. Once upon a time vegetables grew in this garden, but that was a long long time ago. Now it's wild and overgrown. Once this snow melts, the ground thaws and spring comes, Steve and I are pulling out the rototiller and turning that mess back into a garden. My own gardens! And maybe a goldfish pond...

No comments:

Post a Comment