Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cafe Cookies

 Today I whipped up a batch of what I am now referring to as Cafe Cookies, as they taste much like something purchased for way more than the cost of the ingredients themselves. I found the recipe in the Wednesday, November 8 edition of the Providence Journal (have to make sure I'm citing my info!):

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup brown sugar (I always recommend dark brown)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
3/4 T vanilla
4 cups all puprose flour
3/4 T baking soda
3/4 T baking powder

Mix wet ingredients, adding eggs one at a time. (Or, all at once, as is my M.O)
Sift dry ingredients (Or throw it all in at once.)
Stir in flour mixture one cup at a time (this does help)
Stir in 2 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
Bake in 375 degree for about 12 minutes (adjust time according to preference.)

Of course, this is a very paraphrased rendition of the recipe. I'd love to try making these cookies with a shot or two of espresso, and maybe a few walnuts. I may just go crazy and add a whole cup of nuts!

 I personally prefer these cookies slightly cooled. And with a hot cup of coffee. Everything goes well with coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment